Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cheddar Spirals

Ingredients:
1 box (16 oz.) spiral pasta
2 c. half and half cream
1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/2 c. butter, melted
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. garlic powder


Directions:
Cook pasta according to package directions.  In a 5 qt. slow cooker, mix together half and half, soup and butter until smooth.  Stir in cheese, noodles and garlic powder.  Cover and cook on low for 45 minutes to 2 hours (until the cheese is melted).  


Note~  The original recipe called for 4 c. cheese which I felt was way too much.  The original recipe also did not call for garlic powder but I felt that it needed some more flavor.  The original recipe stated to cook it for 2 1/2 hours but the cheese was melted after 30 minutes with my slow cooker, I am sure you can cook it longer but I did not see a point.  Feel free to taste it once the cheese is melted and then season as you feel fit.  

No comments: