Friday, April 29, 2011

Mom's Macaroni and Cheese

(Courtesy of Mary Kay Greiber)

Ingredients: 
2 c. uncooked macaroni
1 1/2 c. milk, divided
1/2 c. butter or margarine
2 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. velveeta, cubed
Saltines or Ritz crackers, crushed (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Boil macaroni in a pot of water until tender.  Drain.  In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 c. milk, flour, salt and pepper.  In a saucepan, heat 1 c. milk and butter.  Add the flour mixture to the sauce pan.  Once the flour is all incorporated, add in cubed velveeta.  Mix until all of the velveeta is melted.  Pour cheese mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.  Add drained macaroni.  Stir well.  Top with crushed crackers if desired.  Bake 25-30 minutes.

Note~  I know that everyone has their own favorite macaroni recipes.  I thought I would share the one that my mom has made as long as I can remember.  This is a recipe that I feel I can never live without.

1 comment:

K.V.R said...

Sweet, trying it out. and following