Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mini Cheeseburger Puffs

(courtesy of Jamie Deen and foodnetwork.com)

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chuck
2 tsp. steak seasoning
1 tsp. Paula Deen's Silly Salt (I used a combination of salt, onion powder and garlic powder)
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 Vidalia onion, minced
1 pkg. puff pastry sheets
20 (1- inch) slices cheddar cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the first 5 ingredients. Hand-form patty to 1/4 normal burger size, about 2-inches in diameter. In a grooved black skillet, cook burgers to medium. Turn once. Do not overcook.
Roll out thawed puff pastry. Cut 10 (6-inch) even panels. Place burger in center of square and top with 2 slices of cheese. Fold edges up and twist on top. Bake 20 to 25 minutes and serve warm.

Note~ The next time I do this, I am going to add bacon on top of the burger and under the cheese.  I also did not use the onion, because I am not really an onion fan.  I loved this recipe when I made it myself and it was very easy!

No comments: