Saturday, January 2, 2016

Trix Krispies

(Courtesy of cravingsofalunatic.com)
Trix Krispies | Cravings of a Lunatic | #trix #krispies #cerealtreats #desserts #kidsfood #funfood

Ingredients:
14 oz. bag mini marshmallows
10 c. Trix cereal 
1/4 c. butter

Directions:
Place butter and marshmallows in a bowl and microwave for 45 seconds to 3 minutes (until melted).  Check frequently and stir as needed.  Stir well.

Mix in cereal and mix well.

Pour into a 9x13 or 11x11 greased pan and press down with a spoon.  Cut into squares.

Notes~ I used the mini Trix cereal and it worked really well.  The portions ended up being about 10 cups but I started with 8 cups and then kept adding 1 cup at a time until it appeared the marshmallows were evenly distributed.  

Also, I sprayed my spoon with nonstick spray so that the treats did not stick to it as I was pressing it into the pan.  This is a very sticky mixture and this seemed to help.

No comments: